When you’re out at the campground, finding a good burger joint isn’t always an option. Instead, you can make your own delicious burgers at the campground with just a few ingredients. So, load up your Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf fifth wheel with an outdoor kitchen and enjoy this easy camping recipe.
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
Choice of cheese: American, cheddar, or swiss work the best.
Toppings of your choice
16 oz frozen french fries
4 tsp minced garlic
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
- Combine your spices: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix until well blended.
- Add spices and minced garlic to ground beef and combine.
- Form burger into balls and flatten into patties with your fingers — they should be approximately 4-5″ across.
- Heat an iron skillet or grill to high heat. It should be hot enough to create a loud sizzle when oil is added. Drizzle oil in the pan and add 1-2 burgers. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the patty is cooked all the way through and the edges are mildly charred.
- Add the burger to your choice of bun and top with your favorite fixings!
- Create four large foil rectangles out of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Add 4 oz of fries to the center of each rectangle. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper.
- Close the foil, sealing the edges to create a packet, and add to the coals of your fire or place on the grill.
- Toss the fries frequently to avoid over-charring or burning, and let cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Open the packets carefully, add 1 tsp minced garlic to each packet and stir, then place back on the coals or in the grill.
- Cook the packet open for another 1-2 minutes until the fries are crispy.
- Top with cheese and serve!